We’re back! We are home from our Disney trip and I am so happy to be in our house! This was my 4th trip to Disney (Orlando) and it was Chris’s 1st trip. We both had our fun and our … Continue reading
Tag Archives: walt disney
Unique Disney Packing Tips
We’ve got 4 days left until we leave and I’ve got the “travel bug”! Over the next couple of days I will be cleaning, getting some items to bring in the car, and starting to pack our suitcase.
We will be driving to Disney, so we will have a little more extra room than someone who is flying. Here are some tips that I will be using to get ready for our trip. This is not an all inclusive list of what to bring with you, but just some fun items to keep the boredom at bay and to make your trip easier.
Feel free to comment with your own and let me know how they have worked.
- Collapsible Laundry Bags – These are fairly cheap ($1 – $4) and can be found at a variety of stores (Dollar Tree, Walmart, etc). Use these in your hotel room for dirty laundry and it will be much easier to pack up when it is time to leave. You will also already have all of your laundry sorted for when you are back home.
- Zip lock Bags – These are also inexpensive and can be used in a variety of ways. Use them for the following options: makeup, lotions, wet clothing, to separate items in your purses or bags, and snacks! Don’t forget some yummy treats to eat during your drive or flight – and you can save money by bringing your own snacks to the parks. The meals and stands at the parks are delicious, but they can eat up your budget really quickly.
- Spandex – This can vary person to person, but spandex or a thin, fitted undergarment can save you from hours of discomfort! You will be doing a lot of walking and the worst thing that can happen is you get some chafing burns. Along with this, you can bring a variety of ointments to help. I have heard of people using Vaseline, deodorant and even baby powder to help with any chafing.
- Scented Spray – No one likes stinky hotel rooms or bathrooms! Bring a can of your favorite Febreze or other sprays and you will save your nose. This can also create a relaxing atmosphere in your room and make it feel more like home.
- Glow Sticks – Save some more money by bringing your own Glow Sticks and Glow Necklaces! These are very pricey at the parks, but everyone loves to have them at the parades. Your kids and family will not mind having them brought from home, and your wallet will thank you too!
These are just some easy and fairly inexpensive items to help make your Disney trip easier – maximum fun!